Throughout the week, we've been musing on the glaring absence of the PlumpJack restaurants from the steadily-growing Lights Out restaurant participant list. Today, the Eater Investigative Staff took the issue straight to the top. Well, to the receptionist at the top. Either way, some hard-hitting* calls were made to the various colonies of the PlumpJack Empire. Here are the various responses to our week-long civic query: why aren't the PlumpJack restaurants involved in Lights Out?
1) The Mayor's Office: "Oh, I'm not sure. It's probably because they are private businesses whereas the bridge is a reflection of the city."
2) Balboa Cafe: "You know, I don't know. Yeah, I think that maybe we should be involved in something like that"
3) PlumpJack Cafe: "I'm not sure. We're closed for a private event tomorrow night. That's probably why."
4) Jack Falstaff: "I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know what Lights Out is."
5) MatrixFillmore: "Hello and thank you for calling MatrixFillmore. We are located at 3138 Fillmore ..."
6) PlumpJack Headquarters: "I have no idea! I will happy to check into this. What did you say it was called? ... Why don't you contact [redacted] and she'll find out why we're not involved in this awesome thing."
Will a suddenly-aware PlumpJack join the list? You'll want to stay tuned for the conclusion of this one. The early over/under on the time which PlumpJack hops on the Lights Out bandwagon: 5pm.
· Participating Restaurants [Lights Out SF]
· Lights Out: More Restaurants Added, PlumpJack Remains Quiet and Bright [~ESF~]
· PlumpJackin': Hm, What's Missing From Lights Out SF? [~ESF~]
*really quite friendly
Have a prediction or an opinion? Your thoughts in the comments field or to us, please.