Introducing the future home of Anchor and Hope.
The third restaurant from the trio behind the uber-successful tandem of Town Hall and Salt House (Mitch Rosenthal, Steven Rosenthal and Doug Washington) has been rumored for some time now, both here and elsewhere. Today, the Chronicle broke some juicy tidbits on 83 Minna, the empty space that will house Anchor and Hope come spring 2008:
1) Hope/Good News: It will be in a gutted 100-year-old warehouse behind Salt House. Proximity and historic buildings always a plus.
2) Anchor/Nervous News: It will be "a California/urban fish shack" with "dishes with Asian flavors, a style that's different from the trio's other two spots." What have we learned about fusion, people?
3) Hope: There will be 88 seats, so it's roughly the same scale as Salt House and Town Hall.
4) Anchor: They are taking on the design themselves.
5) Hope: The trio of Rosenthal, Rosenthal and Washington has yet to go wrong.
6) Anchor: The trio of Rosenthal, Rosenthal and Washington has yet to go wrong.
7) Mostly Overriding Hope: The entire concept of a casual fish shack right behind the popular Salt House is quite brilliant. That's what you call synergy.
· Take Three [Inside Scoop]