While visiting our little hamlet—in addition to indulging in some cod sperm crostini at Incanto with fellow competitor Chris Cosentino—newly-crowned Iron Chef Michael Symon sat down with BellyFull for a quick interview in which he gossips about his new gig, Mario Batali, the Bay Area dining scene and more. Among the highlights:
1) On his first season of battles: "Let's just say I'm not disappointed with the results."
2) On Mario Batali's rumored departure: "The only reason Mario wasn't on much last year was because he was so busy opening up his restaurants in Las Vegas. And he wasn't a judge on the finale of "The Next Iron Chef" because he and I have been good friends for over 10 years. He told the producers he didn't think it was fair for him to judge me when he's known me so long against a chef he didn't know at all"
3) On opening a restaurant in SF: "(Laughs) I'd love to just live and eat here. It's such a great food city. And geezus, I am so full!"
· The Newest Iron Chef Visits the Bay Area [BellyFull]
· Food fabulous food [Symon Says]