Welcome back to the Plywood Report, your regular, all-encompassing chronicle of the next generation of restaurants and bars to grace our fair city. Notice something on your block? Let us know. Bonus points and vicious soda if you include photos.
1) Financial District: Opening next Wednesday is the latest frozen yogurt purveyor to arrive in the FiDi. This one is called Yoppi and will be located at the corner of Sansome and Clay. It's a self-serve froyo joint (see website), with four flavors and the usual toppings. The requisite opening day giveaway is ... a cotton shopping bag. [PLYWOOD]
2) Mission: Right off the corner of South Van Ness and 24th Street, George's BBQ is also looking to open next week. New awnings are up, and the interior is just about finished off too. They're even playing iPhone ads on the big screen. [POST-PLYWOOD]
3) Lombard Street: There's finally action at the old Mercury Appetizer Bar space in the no man's land of Lombard and Van Ness. As previously mentioned, Amigo Cantina, and unsurprisingly, it looks like a Mexican restaurant/bar. [PLYWOOD]
4) The Castro: Remember when the shuttered Welcome Home gave way to something that the liquor licenses called Mystique? Well, there's now a new facade, the old signage has been taken down, and the interior nearly completely remodeled. Still no word on what kind of restaurant it will be. [PLYWOOD]
5) North Beach: And finally, we'll end this episode of the Plywood Report right where we started: froyo. The Yoogo Gelato on the corner of Broadway and Columbus has shuttered, papered, and another Tuttimelon location is moseying on in. [PLYWOOD]