Welcome back to the Plywood Report, your regular, all-encompassing chronicle of the next generation of restaurants and bars to grace our fair city. Spot something new on your block? The tip line awaits. Locally-sourced bonus points if you include photos.
1) Inner Richmond: The signage has been up for a few months now, but now we have an early ETA for Happy Belly, the gourmet deli going in on the corner on Balboa and 3rd. It's from the team behind the uber popular Namu just a few blocks down, will also have take-home meals, and the preliminary opening date is September. [PLYWOOD]
2) Upper Valencia: The little mini-neighborhood stretch of Valencia between 16th and Market continues to try to develop, and the latest newcomer is Pizza Zone, which looks to be close to opening. It's advertising itself as a bar and grill, though it looks to be more of a takeout pizza/burgers/wings deal. [PLYWOOD]
3) Polk Gulch: If anyone knows what's going on Geary between Polk and Geary, please do let us know, because Cilantro has been "Coming Soon" for months upon months now, and that lime green paint job is killing our rods and cones. We wish them well, of course, but you know, wow. [PLYWOOD]
4) West Portal: Next is the spinoff Cafe For All Seasons, where enthusiastic printouts say springtime was the arrival time. The above shot is of the deli/ice cream shop at 60 West Portal, about a block from the restaurant proper. Renovations? Anyone? [PLYWOOD]
5) NoPa: It's still in the pre-plywood phases of things, but some preliminary announcements are up at Nopalito, the quick-service Mexican joint by Team Nopa in the Oak/Broderick complex. The interior, though, looks the same as it did back in March. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
6) Potrero Hill: The vacant storefront 415 18th Street has signs for Baked. (with period, mind you), which looks to be a bakery and coffeehouse. Google searches won't appreciate that one. Oh, and insert your stoner joke here. [PLYWOOD]