The week saw plenty of plywood doings, from Urban Tavern to Des Amis, but we always have more in the Plywood Report, your regular chronicle of the next generation of restaurants and bars. As usual, if you happen upon some fresh happenings in your area, let us know. Bonus points and a second-hand juicer if you include photos.
1) Union Square: The possible, rumored expansion of Morton's into the shuttered Disney store next door has yet to be confirmed or denied, but one thing we do know is that the entire Disney space has been gutted to the max. Taking a peak behind the black plastic, it makes sense that the top floor is the best bet, especially since the bottom floor, at least as it stands, is a cavernous maze of rooms more suitable for retail. But we'll have to wait and see. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
2) Financial District: Speaking of big gut jobs, the iconic Perry's sign persists over the old Sutter Street space, but inside, heavy construction is in full swing for Midi. The entire interior has been 100% demolished right down to the bone, with Michael Guthrie (Bix, Myth) redesigning the whole space. Joie de Vivre originally said a fall debut was the plan; based on the current state of affairs, we'd say late fall at the earliest, if that. [PLYWOOD]
3) SoMa: Last week we broke the story that Mercury App Bar, late of Lombard, had found a bigger space in the form of the old Sneaky Tiki space on the corner of 12th and Folsom, and now we have the first interior photos of the space. [PLYWOOD]
4) Bonus SoMa: A tipster sends along word that something is up at the old Club Hide space on 7th Street, near Howard. Apparently, there's a new liquor license in the window with the name CM2. [PLYWOOD]
5) The Mission: More wonderings: "Does anyone know what the hell is going on with Pizzeria on Valencia right next to New Yorker's? Nothing has changed for a year. What's going on?" [POST-PLYWOOD]
6) Potrero Hill: We shared some shots of Gallery Sensei (251 Rhode Island) a few weeks ago, and now we've stumbled upon some Flickr photos of the interior of the art gallery/wine bar. Enjoy. [PLYWOOD]