Welcome back to the Plywood Report, your regular, all-encompassing chronicle of the next generation of restaurants and bars to grace our fair city. Spot something new on your block? Operators are standing by. Bonus points if you include photos.
1) Nopa: Over on Divisadero, things have been pretty quiet at the second location of Bar Crudo for the some time, but we finally have some signs of life in the delayed project. A liquor license is up, red tape is being conquered, and early fall is the latest. [PLYWOOD]
2) The Fillmore: Details are still scarce regarding Bruno's and its world-famous chef, but the someone from the restaurant (right across from Yoshi's) himself emailed the tipline this week to say "we should be open in early october is going to be nice place we are very excite thank you." [PLYWOOD]
3) The Mission: Everyone's abuzz over Flour + Water, the new project at 2401 Harrison Street from David White, who was last seen at Nua. As you can see from the website, it's going to be a 50 seats or so enoteca/osteria/pizzeria (hey, more pizza for the Mission) that will be going for a neighborhood vibe in the footsteps of Delfina, Bar Bambino, Beretta, etc, etc. [PLYWOOD]
4) Bonus Mission: Already a plywood vet, ice cream shop Humphry Slocombe has posted a rendering of the storefront, and it makes everything so idyllic. Stay tuned for updates on construction. Related: maybe the specialty gourmet sweets shops of 24th Street should make some kind of synergy deal? [PLYWOOD]
5) Marina: Work continues at Ramen Club, the new inhabitant of the old Kwanjai Thai place next door to Bin38 on Scott, off Chestnut. Also spotted on the premises is a permit notice to add outdoor seating, in the form of three tables and nine chairs. Ah, the old three-top. [PLYWOOD, previously]
6) Westfield: Down on the basement level of Westfield, a tipster sends word that the first food failure (TeazMe) in the newish mall has officially cleared out the premises, but we still haven't heard what's going in the vacancy. It has to be froyo, right? Right? [PRE-PLYWOOD]