Welcome back to the Plywood Report, your regular, all-encompassing chronicle of the city's next generation of restaurants. Spot something new on your block? Do tell. Bonus points and 75 million milkshakes if you include photos.
1) SoMa: Leading off the show this week is an update from Medici Lounge. The Ninth and Folsom small plates endeavor (and established plywood vet) has already been much delayed, but significant progress is finally evident, including a new logo and a very bright paint job. That area won't be a cakewalk though. [PLYWOOD]
2) Pacific Heights: A tipster sends along a new shot of the Out the Door branch going in on Bush Street, right off the corner of Fillmore. From what we can tell from the photo, not much has changed since earlier this summer, which might put that fall estimate in doubt. We wouldn't be surprised to hear that most of Team Phan's focus has been on the unexpected remodel for the Westfield branch. More info as it comes in. [PLYWOOD]
3) Financial District: Another week, another frozen yogurt shop spotted in the FiDi: Cefiore is moving next door to the House of Shields and Sentinel on New Montgomery Street. Plus, the website reveals that the froyo chain is going to open in Westfield too. [PLYWOOD]
4) Financial District: Someone went overboard with the Xerox machine down on Trinity Alley, because there are about a dozen consecutive Bangkok Express signs on the covered-up storefront. But keep an eye out for the arrival of a new lunch option, office workers. [PLYWOOD]
5) The Mission: Quoth a Missionite pedestrian: "I saw new work permits at Yum Yum House. There isn't a name but people were inside working." Might it be the not-by-Hubert Burger Bar? Stay tuned. [PLYWOOD]