Welcome back to the Plywood Report, your regular, all-encompassing chronicle of the next generation of restaurants and bars to grace our fair city. Notice something on your block? Let us know. Bonus points if you include photos.
1) The Mission: Down on Valencia between 22nd and 23rd, the old Senses space has gotten a very colorful paint job. But even if it may look like another offshoot of La Boulange, we'll remind you that Janitzi is going to be a "Latino bistro." Original ETA was mid-August, which has obviously come and gone, but a peek inside reveals that the space is getting close to post-ply status. Further intel as it comes in. [PLYWOOD]
2) Financial District: Via a FiDi tipster comes an early look into Zinnia. If all goes to plan, Mr. and Mrs. Sean O'Brien will try to turn the old Scott Howard space into a new version of Myth, especially with Michael Guthrie & Co designing (they also did Myth). The O'Briens have begun hiring and are currently looking at late September/early October as the due date. [PLYWOOD]
3) Broadway Strip: Just on up the hill, not too far away from opening is Atmosphere 3, the bar/lounge/club going into Club Latitude on Broadway. For what it's worth, one thing that may distinguish it from the rest of the Broadway pack is its inclusion of pool tables... Eh? Eh? Anyone? [POST-PLYWOOD]
4) Union Square: Remember Infusion Lounge? The $4 million, 6000 square-foot lounge with holograms has been posting construction pics to its website, and they're rather enjoyable for you plywood freaks out there. And we are still trying to figure out how the fire-water installation isn't asking for disaster from long-haired drunk girls (or guys). [PLYWOOD]
5) SoMa: Finally, a roving photographer sends along some new signage from the corner of Ninth and Folsom, where Schnitzelhaus is expanding into the shuttered coffeeshop next door. We do love our signage alerts. [PLYWOOD]