Welcome back to the Plywood Report, your regular, all-encompassing chronicle of the next generation of restaurants and bars to grace our fair city. Notice something on your block? Let us know. Bonus points and one "angry little Englishman" if you include photos.
1) Hayes Valley: There's action at the old Frjtz space at 579 Hayes, which just so happens to be next door to the new Frtjz. The DBA on the window is Marino Restaurant; those who recall the space from its last incarnation will remember a small layout and a pretty decent patio area in the back. More details on Marino as they come in. [PLYWOOD]
2) The Marina: This week, it came out that the shuttered Moonstruck Cafe on Chestnut (right next door to Blue Barn) would be taken over by Miette. It's going to be branch number three for the growing patisserie. [PLYWOOD]
3) SoMa: More transformations: on Folsom, the shuttered Cassidy's Bar came under new management a little while ago, and the new name will be The Bloodhound. Save a few bits, the entire interior is gutted, and there's a billiards license on the papered window. [PLYWOOD]
4) The Mission: Things are moving very quickly on the corner of Mission and 18th, where the Weird Fish spinoff called, um, The Corner is nearing completion. The walls have some picturesque murals and the cozy space is almost reminiscent of another Mission spot by the name of Beretta. Word around town is that the estimate is February 15th. [PLYWOOD]
5) The Mission: Everyone's wondering about Mini, the slightly-mysterious "wine and champagne bar" on 22nd between Valencia and Mission, right next door to Esperpento. Ms. Marcia has word that it's slated to open next Tuesday and tipster sent in the above shot of the interior. And yes, it seems mini indeed; approx. three/four tables? [POST-PLYWOOD]