clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Gross Outs

2009_07_tampon.jpgA German tourist alleges that he bit and almost swallowed a used tampon that was stuck inside his steak at New York City's Waldorf Astoria, of all places. According to ABC—yes, the story made the nightly news—he went to the hospital and is awaiting HIV and Hep C tests. Predictably, the Waldorf is calling the event "highly suspicious," and, natch, the tourist is seeking a lawyer to file a suit. [ABC via ENY]

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater San Francisco newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world