Last night's episode of Top Chef Masters featured two New York chefs (Douglas "Pyro" Rodriguez and eventual winner Anita Lo) and two charismatic gentlemen (LA's Mark Peel and New Orleans hero John Besh, who couldn't cook an egg). Like past episodes, the lack of suspense was superseded by the enjoyment of watching top-notch chefs frolic around. That said, the real stars of the show were guest judge Neil Patrick Harris, Max from Saved By the Bell (who was nearly set aflame by a coconut!), the nightmarish magic guy (above) who took the gang to the Magic Castle, and old friends who made cameo appearances, Tom Colicchio and Gail Simmons. Also, a rabbit urinated on Kelly Choi.
· Five Reasons Why This Was the Best Masters Episode Yet [Eater NY]
· Gael Greene: "That Castle Was a Hoot!" [Bravo Blogs]
· Kelly Choi: "Eat deliciously, everyone! And thank yoooooooo!!" [Bravo Blogs]
· Top Chef Post-Game Wrap-Up With Winner Anita Lo [Rickshaw]
· Wasn't It Nice to See Gail Simmons? [Yumsugar]
· Live Blogging Top Chef Masters [Gawker]