Spot some fresh plywood on your block? Do share with the class.
1) SoMa: Next door to Kate O'Brien's, plywood vet Eve is very close to completion, as a passerby notes. It's a bar/lounge from Colin O’Malley of John Colins, but as implied by the name, has a lady-like tilt. Bonus: as Miss Marcia noted last week, the 15 Romolo guys are consulting. [POST-PLYWOOD]
2) Financial District: Moving into the 101 Cali building is a froyo shop called Yoppi, the mini-chain also moving into 101 Montgomery. Yoppi already has three other locations: on Sansome Street, in Walnut Creek and in Thailand. Bet you weren't expecting that combination. [PLYWOOD]
3) Fisherman's Wharf: It looks like the new inhabitants of the long-vacant Bob's Sushi are going to change the name after all. A tipster sends word that it's going to be called Miyabi and is related to the Castro sushi joint of the same name. Inside, the place is just about complete; lots of blond wood too. [POST-PLYWOOD]
4) Financial District: There's some liquor license activity at the old Los Socios location at Sacramento and Kearny. The new DBA, Restaurant Ducroix, suggests something of the French ilk. Anyone know anything? [PLYWOOD]
5) Noe Valley: NV Buzz sneaks some construction shots at the upcoming La Boulange on 24th Street. All signs of Noe Valley Pizza have been stripped and gutted. [PLYWOOD]