Last night's episode of Top Chef Masters featured the final fivesome first concocting gourmet burgers, and then cooking for slightly-infuriating vegans, their mothers and Gael Greene. As the inaugural season finally wraps up, it's becoming more evident that Hubert Keller is the show's Fabio (there's one phrase we never thought we'd write), meaning DJ Hubert has become the most charismatic personage, and even if he doesn't win, he'll be central to the season's identity. This episode though, fellow Bay Area chef/charmerman Michael Chiarello took top honors overall. On the flip side, poor Honeybear Smith bought ice cream, cried, and then got kicked off.
· Kelly Choi: "Michael Chiarello, You Are Under Arrest!" [Kelly Choi's Blog]
· Live Blogging Top Chef Masters, Week the Eighth [Gawker]
· Full Recap: Chef's Worst Nightmares [LAT]
· Art Smith Simply Loved Zooey Deschanel in Elf [Yumsugar]
· James Oseland on Veganism and Live Queen Ants From Northeastern Thailand [Bravo]
· Gael Greene on Getting Cuddly With Vegans [Twitter]
· Chiarello Biting into a Lemon: Savage [GS]