Welcome back to the Plywood Report, your regular, all-encompassing chronicle of the next generation of restaurants and bars to grace our fair city. Notice something new on your block? Let us know. Gold stars and bonus point for including photos.
1) Western Addition: The otherwise non-descript project across the street from Nopa has sadly changed its DBA from Nacho Business to Acme Burgerhaus, meaning that it probably won't be the nacho restaurant that stoners were pining for. On the other hand, unless the place is related to Traci des Jardins' ballpark endeavor (doubtful), it should be expecting a call from Acme Chophouse's lawyers in 3...2...1... [PLYWOOD]
2) SoMa: In the "Any Day Now" category is Sage, the sleek cafe going into the old SoMa Coffeehouse space on Howard and 12th. A hot interior shot is above, and there are also plans for outdoor seating. [POST-PLYWOOD]
3) Pacific Heights: The Hippity Hopstress had the scoop on the Fillmore Street location of Fraiche, right next to Woodhouse, and seeing as how the Palo Alto froyo shop is already hiring, it could be closer than expected. [PLYWOOD]
4) Fisherman's Wharf: After verging into dilapidated territory for years, the sushi space on the corner of Mason and Bay is finally getting itself an overdue facelift. There's new signage up for Bob's Sushi and the entire building is a vibrant shade of rad. Just what the tourists want? [PLYWOOD]
5) Financial District: Speaking of sushi, over on Kearny, the second location of Ebisu is still on track in the old Tasty Express spot, with the new working date being "after summer," which we'll interpret as the autumnal months. [PLYWOOD]