Welcome back to the Plywood Report. Spot something new on your block? Do share with the class; bonus points and gold stars for including photos.
1) Oakland: Currently slated to debut on February 1 is the newest addition to Oakland's Temescal neighborhood, not far from Pizzaiolo, SR24. With chef Josh Woodall (last seen at South) at the helm, it's billed as a "classic American eatery with a consciousness for sustainability and the community." The named stands for State Route 24 and a sample menu can be viewed here. [PLYWOOD]
2) Financial District: As seen by the shot from the Eater SF Flickr Pool above (via member mumflwr), the old signage for London Wine Bar has been removed. In its place, seafood spot Georges, already a plywood vet, has erected some new logo magic as it nears. [PLYWOOD]
3) Mint Plaza: News about Thermidor, the upcoming Mint Plaza eatery from the Spork team, came out a few weeks back, but in the gallery above, take a look behind the papered storefront to check out the state of affairs. Though a spring opening is the aim, it still looks like there's a lot of work to be done in the space between 54 Mint and Chez Papa. [PLYWOOD]
4) Polk Gulch/Tendernob: Via a tipster: "Just a heads up it appears that there is going to be a new Middle Eastern Restaurant (ie the awnings have been painted red, white and black and there is now Arabic writing) in the weirdly empty forever Jenny's Restaurant space at 1098 Sutter St. at Larkin directly across the street from [Fly Bar]." The interior looks just about ready to roll out too. Anyone have further details? [POST-PLYWOOD]
5) Inner Sunset: Last but not least, an update on the Inner Fog situation. The wine bar slated for Irving and Seventh will go before the city next Thursday (1/21) to ask for a conditional use permit. [PRE-PLYWOOD]