Already, a handful of local restaurants have shared info on the various ways that they plan to contribute to the Haitian relief efforts, so in an effort to centralize, help navigate and further promote the various fundraisers, we're compiling a list that will be (hopefully) continuously updated in this space. In the meantime, check the SF Appeal for other local initiatives or just send money to these places.
Important: Restaurateurs, publicists, and anyone else with knowledge of additional fundraisers, drop us a line and we'll update the list accordingly and ASAP. Thanks. Update #1: Papalote, Bin 38, Blue Macaw added. Update #2: Summer Kitchen, Presidio Cafe, E&O Trading Company, First Crush, Toast added. Update #3: Jardiniere, Rickhouse, Rye, Cantina, Chez Papa Resto, Amanda's, Mission Street Food added. Update #4: Oliveto, Wichcraft, Anchor & Hope and Milk Bar added. Update #5: Delarosa, Starlight Room added. Update #6: Cigar Bar, Encuentro added.
· January 14 to Saturday, January 16: CAV Wine Bar donating 10% of its proceeds from Thursday January 14th through Saturday, January 16th to Doctors Without Borders to help the victims of the earthquake.
· January 14: Musician person Sila will donate 100% of the ticket sales for the performance at Coda tonight to the cause. The show is at 9PM, tickets cost $10 and you can enjoy the "Afro-Electro-Brazillian-Ethiopesque-Funk" stylings.
·January 15: In Berkeley, Paul Arenstam's Summer Kitchen is donating 15% of sales to the Berkeley-based What If? Foundation.
· January 15: There's a bakesale at Chronicle Books (680 Second Street) from 11AM to 2PM.
· January 15: Street food vendor Evil Jerk Cart will be at Blue Macaw Friday night from 10PM to 2AM with $2 from each plate sold going to relief
·Friday, January 15 to Saturday, January 23: All week, Chez Papa Resto will be donating all proceeds from lunch and dinner sales of all a la carte desserts to Doctors without Borders.
·January 18: From the inbox: "We are doing a fundraiser event with some of the various SF food and wine community this coming Monday the 18th, MLK Day 5-8 pm at the Presidio Cafe here in SF. Were raising money for the Haiti earthquake relief effort and are donating all proceeds raised to four foundations including the local Sirona Cares Foundation." See here for more details on this fundraiser.
·January 18: Both locations of Papalote are donating 15% of proceeds.
·January 18: On Monday, Jardiniere will be holding a special, three-course, $45 prix fixe dinner—wine pairings included!—featuring Devil’s Gulch meats, with all of the proceeds benefiting the Haitian Relief Efforts. Per the restaurant: "Mark Pasternak, the man behind Devil’s Gulch, was actually in Haiti at the time of the earthquake teaching farming to students, after the quake he helped with some of the search and evacuation efforts and now just back he is partnering with Jardiniere to help raise money to help the Haitian people."
·January 19: There's a bar crawl at three cocktail spots, with all proceeds from the specialty cocktail at each bar going to the Red Cross. 5PM-7PM at Rickhouse, 7PM to 9PM at Cantina and 9PM to closing at Rye. More details on the bar crawl over at Alcademics.
·January 20: Bin 38 will be collecting donations at the door and sending 100% of them to the What If? Foundation, run by Margaret Trost who resides in Berkeley and has been working directly with Haiti for 10 years. They'll also be offering special glasses of wine and bottled beer, with $2 for each one sold being donated to the relief effort. More info on Facebook.
·January 21: On Thursday, E&O Trading Company on Sutter Street will donate 10% of all sales to the Red Cross.
·January 21: Mission Street Food is doing a Old School vs. New School Night for MSF Haitian Relief Effort
· January 23: Pizzaiolo is holding a Bakesale for Haiti fundraiser, from 10AM to 2PM. Berkeley's Gioia and SF's Bi-Rite are doing the same thing.
· January 23: Per Vegansaurus, there's a vegan bakesale at Patricia's Green (Hayes/Octavia), from 11AM to 4PM.
· January 23: Via Good Foods: Chef Dontaye Ball of Good Foods Urban Kitchen will donate 50% of the food proceeds and 100% of the wine proceeds from his next dinner on 1/23.
· January 23: Milk Bar is holding a party-benefit with lots of fancy DJs, food carts and a $10 donation. Proceeds go to UNICEF. More info here.
· January 25: Tom Colicchio's ‘Wichcraft partners with La Colombe Torrefaction, Harry Wils & Co and Imperial Paper to donate all proceeds from ‘Wichcraft coffee beverage sales to the American Red Cross relief effort in Haiti.
· January 26: In Berkeley, Amanda’s Feel Good Fresh Food will donate 15% of all sales made on Tuesday, January 26 to the Partners in Health program in Haiti.
· January 26: All three restaurants in the First Crush Restaurant Group—First Crush in San Francisco, Toast Mill Valley and Toast Novato, will hold a fundraiser on Tuesday, January 26th in support of the relief services. Ten percent of all proceeds from the three restaurants will be donated to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).
· January 26: Related: First Crush is also offering a complimentary wine tasting from 4:30PM-6PM on Tuesday, January 26th. Wines included in the tasting are Esoterica Petite Sirah by Kent Rasmussen, Talley Pinot Noir, Truchard Merlot and Palmina Malvasia Bianca. A minimum donation of $10 is requested. All donations from the wine tasting will go to Doctors without Borders. Reservations suggested.
· January 27: Delarosa is holding a special fundraiser with proceeds going to SOS Children's Village, an organization that focuses on rebuilding families for children in need of support and care. From 9PM until 1AM 30% of all sales will go straight to SOS, with a minimum goal donation of $2,000
· January 27: At Harry Denton's Starlight Room, 100% of Ketel One sales and partial door proceeds will benefit the American Red Cross for the Haitian Relief Fund. From 8PM to closing.
· January 30: From 11AM to 2PM, Oliveto is holding a fundraiser with proceeds to the American Red Cross. Food and drinks (including wine) will be provided and in addition to suggested donations, there will be a raffle ($2/ticket or $10/6 tickets at the door) and a silent auction with prizes like dinners, spa gift certificates, special wines, etc.
· January 30: Cigar Bar is donating $1 from the door, $1 from Mojitos (their most popular drink), and $1 from every drink with Barbencourt rum (a Haitian Rum) to the Haitian People's Support Project
·The month of February: For the entire month, 'Wichcraft will donate 50% of proceeds from sales of the ‘Wichcraft cookbook to the American Red Cross relief effort. This applies to cookbook purchases made at ‘Wichcraft shops or via the website.
· February 3: Encuentro in Oakland is donating 20% of the days proceeds to Direct Relief International to support relief efforts in Haiti.
·February 5 to February 7: To kick off SF Beer Week, Anchor & Hope will be donating $1 for every beer sold to Doctor's Without Borders.
[Image via the NYPost]