[Photo: Koi Palace, lookslikeamy/flickr]
Today, Patricia Untermann sings the praises of Koi Palace where a Chinese New Year's banquet included a 10-pound, $480 Australian lobster prepared three ways and a whole suckling pig for $190. Dim sum dishes such as plump shrimp har gow and salt-and-pepper fried kabocha squash, are equally satisfying and less damaging on the wallet. Speaking of dim sum, the Wall Street Journal took an interesting look yesterday at some of the world's most critically acclaimed dim sum chefs. [Examiner, WSJ]
Grab some coffee, here is a round up of some of this week's local restaurant reviews for your reading pleasure.
· Trueburger, Oakland [Chron]
· P/30 adds fun twists to everyday fare [Chron]
· Oakland gets a taste of New York at Uncle Dougie's [Oakland Trib]
· You and Me and Everyone We Know [EBX]
· A Quick Bite: The Louisiana Territory [Mercury News]