Let's take a moment to remember when the city mourned the loss of John Barleycorn to the once unstoppable hands of Luisa Hanson. You'll recall Ms. Hanson was setting up shop for a new Irish Pub, inventively named Duffy's, and then a For Lease sign went up in the window before the thing ever got off the ground. Well now a tipster who resides in Lower Nob Hill brings word that the space has presumably been saved from ignominy by a coffee bar with the name, Contraband. See here the sign that went up in the window yesterday with promise of hand-held meals, fine pastries, and warm morning beverages. No doubt it's a far cry from comfort for the Barleycorners.
· The John Barleycorn's Last Ditch Effort [~ ESF ~]
· A Year Later, Displaced Barleycorners Craft a Memorial [~ ESF ~]
· The Shutter: The Barleycorn Dismantles [~ ESF ~]
· Luisa Spot Check: Former Barleycorn now For Lease [~ ESF ~]
· JP Morgan Sues Luisa Hanson for $9.78 Million [Barleycorn Survivors]
· New Application for Contraband Trademark [Trademarkia]