The highly anticipated day of opening for Bruce Hill's Zero Zero is upon us today. Now this is the bearer of Neapolitan cut-your-own pizzas and choose-your-own-adventure soft-serve desserts we told you about last month. And here we have a delightful pre-opening photographic tour to get you salivating before the doors open this evening at 5:30 p.m. You'll recall Mr. Hill has quite the resume, having streamlined perfection at Bix with his patented burger press, pioneered organic soft serve and inspired pilgrimages to his Larkspur pizzeria, Picco.
So it's no surprise he's done something cool with the large old Azie space. So cool, in fact, that the Michael Brennan redesign you see here includes a mural depicting Pinocchio's pivotal role in the history of pizza, which has already been described as slightly twisted, rather gothic, crazy, trippy and Renaissance-inspired. You'll definitely want to get a load of that, along with the visibly flaming Mugnaini oven and two bars-full of cocktails, punch bowls and wine on tap. If you'd like to see the menus, Alcademics has the full-on cocktail list from Bar Director Joel Teitelbaum; and Lady T-Hop gets deep into the dinner, dessert and wine lists, here. We thought you'd also like to know each table has it's own personal light dimmer, and Mr. Hill thinks the best seat in the house is the little round upstairs overlooking the entire restaurant.
· Plywood Report: Zero Zero [~ ESF ~]
· The Dossier on Bruce Hill's Zero Zero, Due Next Week [ISSF]
· Pizza Drop Tomorrow: Bruce Hill Counts Down to Zero Zero [7x7]
· Zero Zero: Pizza-Themed Pizza Restaurant [Thrillist]
· Exclusive: A Look Inside Zero Zero, Opening Wednesday [GrubStreet]
· Zero Zero: A Bi-Level Pizza Den in SoMa [Urban Daddy]
· Your New Pie In The Sky [Daily Candy]
· Zero Zero Opens Tomorrow in SoMa [Tablehopper]
· Cocktail Menu for Zero Zero [Alcademics]