Bar Agricole Chef Brandon Jew's Off-the-Beaten-Track Chinese Food Picks
- About to order at Cheung Hing
- The line outside Cheung Hing on a random Sunday night
- Clockwise from top left: bbq pork, roast pork, chicken feet, duck tongues
- At Old Mandarin Islamic: lamb dumplings and green onion pancake to start
- Spicy Mandarin lamb
- Now at Sunset Super, discovering new things in the sauce isle.
- He likes shrimp chips, although "they're not the greatest for your breath."
- Good prices on fish and crabs here
- Brandon says this is a great source for affordable live spot prawns
- Pocky and other sweet chocolate-dipped cookies
- Brandon remembers eating these White Rabbit cream candies as a kid
- Crab paste and shrimp paste are "flavor country" when added to dishes
- Ordering at Shanghai House
- The pork knuckle arrives. It's braised and then deep fried. Brandon likes to make tacos out of the leftovers, sometimes he'll share them with the staff at Bar Agricole.
- Lion's head meatballs get their light texture from tofu in the mix.
- Hand making noodles in the kitchen
- The hand-made noodles, after cooking
- Shanghai House, the aftermath