- Source prepares to open at 5 p.m. today.
- Note the projection on the color therapy wall in the center, intended to shift from energizing blues and greens during the day to calming lavender in the evening.
- Here in the forefront, your future elixir bar.
- There it is. What owner Andrew Fox thinks may just be the world's first gas-fired Mugnaini brick oven surrounded by a dragon mouth.
- The water ionizer lowers the pH of water to various levels. Fox tells us it's used in Japanese hospitals for cleansing purposes.
- This is the dispenser for the water filtration system.
You asked, and we've got it for you. The interior slideshow of Mitchell and Andrew Fox's Source multi-dimensional vegan- and vegetarian-friendly restaurant, opening today for business in Potrero at 5 p.m. Unlike some other similar restaurants that shall remain nameless, the brothers Fox think of this as an "energetic spa" of sorts, where the aim is to make everyone feel comfortable. "Even people coming from McDonald's," says Fox. We've passed on a lot of the big details on this newcomer, but there's still more to tell. In addition to this menu here, Source will offer a fermented kombucha look-alike called jun that's high in enzymes and B vitamins; the aforementioned elixirs encompass calming, energetic and euphoric options. All pizzas are made with housemade mozzarella and can be made vegan with raw cashew cheese.
Yogi tones has developed the sound therapy to create a "healing, peaceful and uplifting" mood. Interestingly the brothers come from a family of butchers in the Bronx, NY and Mitchell was once a backstage caterer at Radio City Music Hall where he had the rare pleasure of working Bill Clinton's 50th birthday party. So yes, lots to talk about. If you head in soon, do drop your early insights here or below in the comments.
· All Previous Source Coverage [~ ESF ~]
· Source shall be a vegetarian, multi-dimensional dining experience [ISSF]
· Vegetarian Restaurant Source Opens This Week [Tablehopper]