In addition to Valencia Street's new jewel Mission Cheese and the beginning of Ike's second life in the Castro, a gaggle of other newcomers have snuck onto the restaurant scene this week. Here's your Friday recap.
[Photo: Yelp/Ford S.]
1) Burlingame: San Francisco Soup Co.'s go at a full-on restaurant, Urban Bistro has opened at 270 Lorton Avenue. Here's their rather extensive menu of sandwiches, salads, flatbreads, mac & cheese, customizable meals —you guessed it—soup. [ISSF]
2) San Mateo: Akash and Rana Kapoo—of Curry Up Now food truck fame—just soft-opened their first Curry Up Now fast casual restaurant a few doors down from Osteria Coppa. The food will be very similar to what they have in their trucks: masala burritos, kathi rolls, deconstructed samosas and aloo tikki. A beer and wine license is coming in the next few months. [Tablehopper]
3) SoMa: On Wednesday, Hoss Zaré opened his Zaré at Fly Trap lunch operation, Grill & Grain. Take a look at the menu of healthy, Persian-inspired wraps, soups and grain salads here. [EaterWire]
4) Tenderloin: The not-overly anticipated opening of Pick Me Up Pizza Kitchen on Post Street is upon us. The Tender notes they are offering 1/2 off everything in honor of the grand opening. Don't let the name fool you. They've got burritos, quesadillas, tacos, nachos, sandwiches, burgers, pastas, salads and some pizza. [The Tender]
6) Pleasant Hill: The grand opening ceremony for the Sinful Bliss cupcake shop will begin at 10 am this Sunday. There will be free tastings, a cupcake design contest and all of the day's cupcake profits will go to the art department at the Pleasant Hill Middle School. [EaterWire]