1) Oakland: James Syhabout's Hawker Fare opened for lunch and "early dinner" this week, with plans to add regular dinner hours and take-out service next week. So far we know the papaya salad is "funky-tasting," the pork belly is "delicious," and this is one handsome looking egg. [EBX, ISSF, Chowhound]
2) Tenderloin: Chambers Eat + Drink started swanking it up at the Phoenix Hotel on Tuesday. We hear there's no sign out front, the drinks have really simple names and the interior looks "aaaamaaaaazing" or should we say AMAZING. [UrbanDaddy, Thrillist, Tablehopper]
3) Castro: The Castro iteration of Beautifull! will open for business tomorrow. This is a smaller location than the other two, so there will be slightly more pre-packaged, "grab-and-go" items and less seating. [EaterWire]
4) Ferry Building: Hodo Soy Beanery became a constant, tangible San Francisco presence this week with the opening of a rather humble kiosk. Some people think the Ferry Building is now worth entering. [V!]
5) The Wharf: The Orginal Soupman officially opened yesterday on the Wharf with Reggie Jackson and a DJ, natch. So far there is one rave review and one total slam on Yelp. Anyone else out there have an opinion? [EaterWire]
Is there something else to add to the laundry list? Put a tip in the tip jar or in the comments below.