It's not all about Trace at the W these days. Other openings delighted the openings scene this week too. Below, Eater sheds light on the whole lot of them—on this happiest of Fridays after a nice, short week.
1) Hayes Valley: Chona Piumarta's The Pastry Cupboard has been up and running for about a week now. For now, hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., although that may change if they get a liquor license. There is word of red velvet bread pudding. [EaterWire, Facebook]
2) North Beach: As planned, The Chubby Noodle pop-up is officially in business for the first time tonight at Amante. Hours are 6 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. The Facebook page has pictures of some of the fried chicken, noodles, dumpling and crudo on offer. [EaterWire, Facebook]
3) North Beach: Organic pie slinger, Ayadi Pizza is up and running at 377 Bay Street. What's known so far is that they have pizza alla vodka, and are fond of belly dancers. Delicious. [EaterWire, Yelp]
4) SoMa: SFoodie brings the good news about Deli Board's recent transformation from a take-out window to "a small sit-down restaurant" at 1058 Folsom St. The owner is from Cleveland, so meats are a beast of their own. Full menu is here. [SFoodie]
6) Rutherford: Alex Italian Restaurant is now up and running where La Toque once sat. The owners are Italian and the chef used to work at Bottega. [ISSF]
Did Eater miss something here? Do you have a thought or two about the newcomers listed above? Well that's what the comments section is for. Thank the lord for comments sections!
[Photo: Yelp/Genevieve Y.]