This week in restaurant openings, recapped right this way.
Inside CatHead's. [Photo: Flickr/Niall Kennedy]
1) SoMa: Since CatHead's BBQ (1665 Folsom St.) opened on Wednesday they've gone through 40 racks of ribs. Co-owner Richard Park says they're staffing up, delivery and catering are coming together and he's got a vintage Coca-Cola machine on the way. [EaterWire]
2) SoMa Extra: Bossa Nova opened a sleek looking speakeasy called Sofa (139 8th St.) in its basement that looks worth checking out. Let Eater know if you try a pitcher of cocktails, or anything there, for that matter. [Thrillist]
3) Cole Valley: Bacon Bacon (205 Frederick St.) is now up-and-running for breakfast in part of the old Ashbury Market space. Remember, Saturday service and lunch are coming later this month. [EaterWire]
4) Glen Park: Tablehopper reports that family-style Italian restaurant Manzoni is now open at 2790 Diamond St. where the Bird & Beckett bookstore used to be. [Tablehopper]
5) Inner Sunset: 40-year-old Taiwanese bakery Sheng Kee opened its second San Francisco branch at 816 Irving St. on Thursday. According to Tablehopper, hours are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., daily. [Tablehopper, EaterWire]