1) SoMa: 1601 Bar & Kitchen will replace Sage Lounge, serving a menu with French and Sri Lankan influences. Chef Brian Fernando says there will be 49 seats, and small plates like traditional "egg hopper," priced under $20. [ISSF]
2) The Mission: Apparently the owners of Sunflower Vietnamese restaurant have taken over the closed Mariachi's Taqueria at 508 Valencia Street. Word on the street is they are bringing in a chef from Burma or Myanmar to help them run a Burmese restaurant there. [Uptown Almanac]
3) Berkeley: A high-end Roman-style pizzeria and bar concept called A90" will be moving in to the old Pasand Madras at 2286 Shattuck Avenue and Bancroft Way, "by spring." The plan is to make Berkeley the flagship and roll out locations all over the U.S. [Berkeleyside]
4) Healdsburg: A "restaurant, market and 'modern grange'" called Shed (25 North Street) will be opening in downtown Healdsburg this February. The place will be like Williams-Sonoma meets Dean & Deluca meets gardening gear. Here's the early website. [ISSF]
5) Mountain View: A new beer garden called Steins Beer Garden & Restaurant will be opening this January at 895 Villa Street in Mountain View. They'll have 30 beers on tap, a menu of "modern comfort food" and a 4,000 square foot patio, so yeah, big-time addition to the neighborhood.