Debuts for Radio Africa & Kitchen, El Huarache Loco, and Lucky Strike Lanes dropped last week, but there's still more newness to catch up on. That's what Monday Opening Reports are for.
1) FiDi: Lots of details on Kearny's new Darn Good Food were shared a few months back, and now Facebook reveals that the joint is open. Learn more about it, and its calorically detailed menu, here. 322 Kearny St., 415-402-5211. [EaterWire]
2) Civic Center: Tablehopper has a full download on Mela Tandoori, a new 50-seat Northern Indian and Pakistani restaurant that's been two years in the making. 536 Golden Gate Ave. 415-447-4041. [Tablehopper]
2) The Mission: Gajalee opened last week, serving the hyper-regional coastal cuisine of Goa and Kerala. Yelp says they're serving a limited menu of thali for now, but they're expected to scale up soon. 525 Valencia St, 415-552-9000. [Yelp, GrubStreet, Tablehopper]
4) Oakland: According to Inside Scoop, Hibiscus is back open without the aforementioned new chef Gregory Leon and a new
Southern slant to the menu. 1745 San Pablo Ave, Oakland. 888-477-9288. [ISSF, EaterWire, earlier]
5) Berkeley: Ironwood BBQ replacement Suya African-Caribbean Grill is a new fast-casual venue serving jerk chicken and other healthy sounding, spice-riddled fare. 2130 Oxford Street, Berkeley, 510-981-8028. [EaterWire]