Adding to the fun of Sauce's opening on Belden Lane and the release of Penthouse Club & Steakhouse on Broadway, more debuts have surfaced across the land. This here Monday Opening Report will get you up to speed.
[Photo: Aubrie Pick]
1) The Mission: Mission Bowling Club opens tonight at 6 p.m. and as you can see in this picture here, all six bowling lanes are ready to roll. We shared the menu earlier, and Anthony Myint wants you to know it's not all Mission Burgers. His French onion casserole has been disappearing with warp speed. (Sidenote: If you must have the price tag on said Mission Burger explained, here you go.) 3176 17th St. [EaterWire, Mission Mission]
2) SoMa: Raven is a new Michael Brennan-designed bar on Folsom St. that's meant to look like a modern take on a film noir hangout with antique mirrors, padded walls and exposed light bulbs on the bar top. Take a look at the drink list here, and expect this place to become a bit of a dance-y pick-up place as the night wears on. If you visit earlier, happy hour includes bar food from nearby Triptych and Rocco’s. 1151 Folsom St. 415-431-1151. [EaterWire]
3) The Richmond: According to Grubz, Yuubi is a new Japanese restaurant and sushi bar now open on Balboa. 501 Balboa Street. 415-508-9767. Facebook adds the tagline: "Where fresh fish meets good price," and The Richmond Blog reminds something is needed to fill the void since Namu left. [GrubStreet, TRB]
4) Yerba Buena: A few days ago, Pascal Rigo's 12th San Francisco La Boulange was added to the newly revamped Metreon. Also notice the website says they've added some cult-favorite kouign-amann to the "seasonal treats" in the pastry case. 781 Mission St. [EaterWire, Inside Scoop]
5) Bernal: The Front Porch team's Rock Bar has been open for a few weeks now, and they're ready to do a grand opening party on Wednesday. Check out the invite here, which details mad drink specials, plus donkey punch, donkey games and donkey rides. 80 29th St [EaterWire]
6) Napa: Reception has been overwhelmingly good at the new Southern comfort food spot Napa Valley Biscuits, which has been opening and closing sporadically over the past few days. Tablehopper says they've got a "fabulous chicken biscuit sandwich," and hours should stabilize as soon as they ramp up to meet all the unexpected demand. 1502 Main St., 707-265-8209 [Tablehopper]