This week wasn't just about the Namu brothers' eagerly awaited return with Namu Gaji, or the fact that Willie Brown found a new favorite restaurant in Burrit Tavern, where he ate on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. There are several other notable newcomers to recap in this here Friday Opening Report.
[Photo: Facebook/Chez Berlue]
1) Cow Hollow: Tablehopper catches the Facebook page for Chez Berlue, and it looks like the new upscale market is now open on Union Street. 1749 Union St.
2) FiDi: The barmen of Bourbon & Branch, The Wilson, Rickhouse and the coming soon Tradition added one more bar to their family on Thursday: Local Edition in the Hearst Building downtown. 691 Market St [EaterWire]
3) Outer Richmond: A third location of the Perilla Vietnamese restaurant chain opened yesterday. 5423 Geary [EaterWire]
4) Japantown: GrubStreet discovers a new Japanese restaurant called Kippu that is now softly open in the shuttered Miyako space at Buchanan and Sutter. 1707 Buchanan Street [GrubStreet]
5) Embarcadero: Inside Scoop reports that gluten-free specialist Mariposa Bakery Company has opened in the Ferry Building. 1 Embarcadero [ISSF]
6) Napa: A restaurant serving Italian "comfort food" called Il Posto Trattoria opened Tuesday in the north Napa center. 4211 Solano Ave. [NVR]