1) Downtown: The Rosa Mexicano branch headed to the One Market building hopes to open October 10. Check out renderings of the remodel they're doing to the 7,800-square-foot space above. [EaterWire]
2) Marina: A tipster writes to say that there's paper on the windows at the former Marina and Kebab announcing a new "wine bistro bar" headed into the space. [EaterWire]
3) Cole Valley: Nate Valentine and friends just broke ground at Bocazote in Cole Valley with a target opening by the end of the year. [EaterWire]
4) The Mission: Rite Spot Cafe is getting its act together for a reopening on September 5. Sounds like they've got their "infringements" in check. [Mission : Mission]
5) Tenderloin: A new bar from the Blur owners called Bitters, Bock and Rye (1122 Post Street), serving house-brewed beer and Texas-style bbq, will be opening in the former Maharani around the middle of October. [Hopper]
6) Noe Valley: The new concept going into the former Tao Cafe (1000 Guerrero St.) is called Company, slated to feature "Mediterranean-influenced California cuisine" by "early fall." [Hopper]
7) SoMa: Tech-minded grilled cheese spot The Melt will be opening another outpost next to Lucky Strike at 710 3rd Street and Townsend. [Hopper]
8) Marin: The Blue Barn Corte Madera is actually a little ahead of schedule, targeting an opening by the end of September, permits pending. After that, they'll move forward on the Polk Street location in the hopes of opening by March of 2013. [EaterWire]
9) Marin: Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy has the balls to open an outpost in Novato—that's 20 miles away from San Francisco. [HuffPo]
10) Oakland: The opening for the Rosamunde headed to Oakland has been postponed to October.
11) Oakland: Sarah Kirnon tells Diablo Dish that Miss Ollie's will open in Swan Market by mid-October, "possibly sooner."
12) Wine Country: A new restaurant and bakery called Oventi (1990 Trower Avenue) is hoping to open in the former Marie Callender's in Napa by September 1. [ISSF]