Okay people, you know pop-ups have been keeping it real, showing up all over the Bay Area of late. Here's a roundup of some of the newest temporary restaurants people are talking about.
1) Crepe Madame: Laetitia Verdeaux's new pop-up serves the style of crepes made in Northern France. The sweet version have "a slight orange essence," while the savory crepes are infused with garlic and herbs de Provence. All of them are gluten free, and ingredients are found in local farmers markets. Find Crepe Madame at The Window every Friday, at SF FoodLab every Saturday and at Bistro Unique on Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. [EaterWire] [Photo]
2) Pizans Italian Seafood Room: Run by born-and-raised San Franciscans, (kitchen leader) Steven Moran, (CCA instructor) Joseph D'Amato and (bartendress) Victoria D'Amato-Moran, Pizans holds court Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights at The Doctors Lounge (Bar) (4826 Mission St.) in the Excelsior. The menu features fresh caught seafood and Italian-American staples such as cannelloni, chicken marsala and housemade Italian sausages, all paired to cocktails by D'Amato-Moran, of Cent'Anni Cocktails. Cash only. [EaterWire]
3) Satellite Republic: Meadowood pastry chef turned Chechan street food guru, Boris Portnoy is serving the cuisine of the Caucasus out of his self-made moped food trike fitted with a tandoor. Portnoy will be at Sutton Cellars (601 22nd Street) this Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. serving vegetarian Khinkali dumplings, lamb sandwiches on made-to-order bread, and chocolate halva. Carl Sutton will be pairing everything to his wines. Find out more on the website and Facebook.
4) Sweet Bar Bakery: The opening for the Oakland bakery from Michael Jackson's one time personal chef is delayed until "September/October," but owner Mani Niall is doing a little teaser cookie pop-up this Wednesday at the bakery's future site (2355 Broadway). He'll be selling some of "MJ's favorite cookies:" chocolate chip, oatmeal-sour-cherry-chocolate chip, PBJ, snickerdoodles, crystallized gingersnap and more, starting at 3 p.m. Look out for a future pop-up at Art Murmur. Additional teasers at the future address will b announced on Facebook. [EaterWire]
· All Pop-Ups Coverage [~ ESF ~]