Yigit Pura Tout Sweet Preview
- With that smile, it's no surprise Pura's not out of the TV game. He'll continue to comment on The Cooking Channel's Unique Sweets, and he's got "something new" brewing for Bravo.
- Pura finishes pâte de fruit with sprinkled sugar.
- On the day of the tasting, the pastry staff has been with Pura in the kitchen since 5 a.m. assembling desserts.
- Garnishing a personal size "Fifth Element" dessert
- The Fifth Element layers white chocolate-tea mousse and raspberry creme with vanilla cake and raspberries. It's finished with 24K gold leaf.
- A sweet moment with sous chef Melissa Davidson
- "Yigit has touched every single pastry in here," remarked GM Jessica Rohrig as the tasting kicked off.
- From left: operations manager Steve Chang, prep chef Hugo Peralta, sous chef Melissa Davidson, Yigit Pura, prep chef Dionicia Ortega
- The front of house staff arrives for the training and tasting session.
- Pura breaks down The Fifth Element dessert with a diagram.
- GM Jessica Rohrig and the entire staff kicked things off by saying what they are grateful and happy for.
- Clockwise from left: Tesla tart, "Tout Sweet" chocolate cake, the tip of "Monster Paws" (in honor of Lady Gaga), liege waffles, savory gougere, Nutella-filled brioche, St. Honoré éclair puffs, and a "Paris" verrine in the center