1) The Mission: Tables were set the other day at the future Farina Pizza and food vendors have been filing in and out to fill orders. Looks like the opening might actually happen next week. Take a peek above. [EaterWire]
2) Pac Heights: The Sift Cupcake and Dessert Bar coming to Fillmore Street just announced an opening day of
Monday, August 20th August 22. In the meantime, the team is wrapping up a complete redesign of the former Dumplings and Buns. [EaterWire]
3) Russian Hill: Ceri Smith's Biondivino spinoff Et Al. looks to open before the end of the month. Remember the Boulette's Larder ladies are creating the menu here. [Chron]
4) More Mission: Sugoi Sushi will be opening in the former Spork on August 15. "Sugoi" means cool in Japanese, and the owner Zhiliang Shen is creating a sushi place that's "a little more upscale than your average neighborhood Japanese joint." [ISSF]
6) Ridiculous Amount Of Mission Things: Mau has put up a sign in the old NY Buffalo Wings space. Their affordable rice and noodle bowls should be hitting Valencia Street some time soon. [Uptown Almanac]
7) SoMa: More action for the Million Thai people, who may or may not be working with former Circolo owner Jon Mayeda on a concept called Thai Taste at 1161 Mission Street. [ISSF]
Have a submission for The Plywood Report from your neck of the woods? Email email@example.com.