A flurry of fall openings continued this week. Here now, a recap of the latest.
1) Mission/Noe Valley: Company has reinvented the Tao Cafe space at 1000 Guerrero Street with a Cal-Euro menu and a fancy-sounding bar program. Lunch service will begin on Tuesday, and a limited dinner menu will be offered through Sunday. Also: so far so good with the early Yelp shillage. [EaterWire]
2) West Portal: Greek-restaurant Orexi is up-and-running at 243 West Portal Avenue. The menu is all-Greek, save for two pizzas out of the remaining pizza ovens from former inhabitant Round Table pizza. Check out their website. [ISSF]
3) The Mission: New, hip-seeming Southeast Asian spot Mau hit the public on Wednesday, serving lettuce wraps, whole fish, bun, chicken feet and more. Check out a sample menu here on the preliminary website. [EaterWire]
4) The Marina: Over on Chestnut Street, George Bektas has taken a new tack where his Marina & Kebab once stood, opening Marina Bistro. Take a look at the menu, including everything from Mediterranean spiced meatballs to lobster salad, here. [EaterWire]
6) Outer Richmond: And an unexpected return from revamp-land: Old Shanghai blazes the Outer Richmond Chinese food scene, anew. [EaterWire]
7) San Jose: Roastery Barefoot Coffee has opened a cafe on-site, featuring pastries, Dandelion Chocolate and you know what. [EaterWire]
Company's bar. [Photo: Yelp/Michelle A.]