Trick Dog is born today, and there are a bunch of other January openings to recap. Check them out below, and feel free to make additions in the comments.
1) The Mission: As you can see above, the soft-opening for the second American Grilled Cheese Kitchen on Friday in the Mission was very well attended, and the walnut tables arrived in the middle of the lunch rush. Next up: sidewalk seating. [Facebook, EaterWire]
2) Noe Valley: Just in time for January cleanse season, Pressed Juicery is open at 24th and Sanchez in Noe Valley. Apparently, they've been getting some foot traffic. [Noe Valley Blog]
3) Oakland: Ramen Shop met over this past opening weekend. KQED ordered the entire menu, and took lots of pictures. [KQED, EaterWire]
4) Oakland Extra: The Trappist spun off Trappist Provisions (6309 College Ave.) in Rockridge about a week ago. This Facebook post has a list of all nine beers on tap, and there's a full dinner menu built to pair with these and some 99 options by the bottle. [Berkeleyside, Facebook]
5) Berkeley: Haig and Cindy Krikorian have opened Eat + Lounge in their former Sea Salt space at 2512 San Pablo. Chef Kwin Vu is offering a "farm to table" menu with "Mediterranean influences." Menus coming soon. [ISSF]