A trio of sliders at SliderBar in the Castro. [Photo: thefuzzytraveler/Flickr]
When you serve 17 different kinds of sliders under one roof, there are inevitably winners and losers, which is why we reached out to SliderBar to find out which sliders are the most popular with their customers, and which fall behind in the rankings. Unsurprisingly, the American Pride, a classic bacon cheeseburger, tops the list, but ground chicken also makes a surprisingly strong showing, snagging two of the top five spots, and pulled pork is also holding court at #4. The losers: the restaurant's sole seafood offering, a shrimp patty, which clocks in at #9, and anything vegetarian: all four veggie options are ranked below #10, with the only vegan option, the Ronald Vegan, coming in dead last. (Although we can't imagine there's too much overlap between vegans and fans of Ronald Reagan.) Here's the complete list, in order of popularity:
1. American Pride: Beef, bacon, cheddar, gem lettuce, tomatoes, pickled onions, mayo, white bun.
2. Hot Chick: Ground chicken patty with serrano chili, garlic, lime and green tomatillo; serrano chili mayo; lettuce; tortilla chips; cilantro; tomatoes; multigrain bun.
3. Old Timer: Beef, lettuce, tomatoes, pickled onions, pickles, secret sauce, white bun.
4. Please & Qs: Pulled pork, barbeque sauce, pickled onions, cole slaw, white bun.
5. California Roll: Ground chicken and garlic patty, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, chipotle sauce, multigrain bun.
6. Swiss & Tell: Beef, sautéed mushroom, Swiss cheese, mayo, white bun.
7. Club Med: Ground lamb, beef, garlic, and ginger patty; feta; olives; artichokes; tomato; pickled onions; garlic sauce; multigrain bun.
8. Double Trouble: Double beef, double cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickled onions, mayo, pickles, white bun.
9. Pickled Pink: Ground shrimp patty with chili and ginger, pickled onions, cilantro-lime mayo, arugula, white bun.
10. Italian Stallion: Ground pork, mozzarella, basil, peppers, pickled onions, pesto mayo, herbed focaccia.
11. Heart Throb: Vegetarian patty, pickled onions, lettuce, secret sauce, multigrain bun.
12. 3-Alarm: Beef, cheddar, habanero pepper jam, serrano chiles, pickled jalapenos, white bun.
13. Magic Mushroom: Balsamic-marinated portobello mushrooms, onion rings, pickled onions, Swiss, arugula, lemon mayo, multigrain bun.
14. Fatty Patty: Kobe beef, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, white bun.
15. El Capo: Mozzarella, tomato, basil, sun-dried tomato relish, pesto, herbed focaccia.
16. Ronald Vegan: Portobello mushrooms, lettuce, avocado, pickled onions, sliced tomatoes, chipotle ketchup.