As we mentioned back in February, the Killed by Dessert event is rolling into town this weekend, with a murderer's row of top pastry chefs from both New York and SF. The main event is a plated dinner on Sunday night, which has been sold out for weeks, but if you're looking to sample the work of pastry chefs from Coi, Aziza, Saison, Manresa, and State Bird Provisions, among others, there's also a bake sale happening tomorrow morning, with exceedingly reasonable prices ($2-5). Best of all, all the proceeds will go to Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign. To whet your appetite, we snagged the intel on what each of the pastry chefs will be selling tomorrow.
· Christina Tosi, Momofuku Milk Bar (NYC): Compost cookies, cornflake cookies, blueberry & cream cookies, crack pie by the slice
· Bill Corbett, The Absinthe Group: A pretzel croissant and a porcini marshmallow meringue with roasted white chocolate ganache and an oatmeal crust, all blowtorched for a campfire taste.
· Shawn Gawle, Saison: Craquelins, caneles, and caramelized cocoa nib & sesame financiers
· Lincoln Carson, the Mina Group: Two times twisted vanilla brioche: version one with vanilla, bourbon and cardamom or version two with bacon, sage, and smoked pepper
· Nicole Krasinski, State Bird Provisions: Black sesame-walnut chocoyaki with roasted strawberries
· Melissa Chou, Aziza: An entremet of black currant, vanilla, hazelnut, and fennel
· Stephanie Prida, Manresa: Laminated brioche and Nutella
· Matt Tinder, Coi: Bittersweet bread with yuzu and chocolate
The sale will be held at the San Francisco Cooking School tomorrow from 11 am-2 pm. Get there early, as quantities are limited.
Update, 11:09 am: Corbett, who's organizing the event, notes that there's a purchase limit of two on any one individual item.