clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

DOH Chronicles

A potentially tragic accident occurred yesterday at One Market: Two employees spilled hydrogen chloride in a bathroom, causing the restaurant to be evacuated. HCl turns into hydrochloric acid on contact with body tissue and can cause burns, eye irritation, and lung damage from inhalation. The two injured employees were taken to the hospital; no word on their condition. [KTVU] Update: Reps for the restaurant have clarified that the two employees were given a clean bill of health yesterday evening and were back at work today.

One Market Restaurant

1 Market Street, , CA 94105 (415) 777-5577 Visit Website

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater San Francisco newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world