In honor of the name of Brass Tacks, we've taken their opening alert down to brass tacks as well.
· It's located at Hayes and Octavia, in Hayes Valley.
· It opened on Thursday.
· The location is the former Marlena's, and while it's gay-friendly, it's not a gay bar per se.
· That said, it has the blessing of former owner Garry "Marlena" McClain.
· The owners are Anthony Healy-London (who also co-owns Churchill), Josh McAdam, and Matt Conway (the bar manager at Absinthe).
· Here's the cocktail and wine menu.
· Here's the beer menu.
· There's new booth seating in the back, a jukebox, and a pretty chandelier made of handblown glass cylinders. The pool table is gone, though.
· They're open Monday-Friday, 2 pm-2 am, and Saturday-Sunday, 12 pm-2 am.