Every once in a while, the Eater SF tipline lights up with a fake press release from the merry pranksters behind such faux-restaurants as Reclaimed Wood & Subway Tiles, Distilled Moustache, and What's Up Boss. Their latest "concept" takes dead aim at two of SF's most recent crazy trends: beer bars and cat cafes. We'll let them take it from here:
I just wanted to give you a heads up on our new concept project in the works, hopefully opening soon near Garfield Square! Our new concept will be a combination cat cafe and biergarten named: PUSS'N'BOOTS.
Luckily, we will be housed right around the corner from the SFSPCA, thus allowing cat lovers to spend an hour or so vetting a future adoption while downing large boot of beer. We will have about 30 beers on tap, mostly from Northern California, and a rotating selection of beer from my garage-made homebrewery: Das Katze.
We'll have different sections of the cafe dedicated to many cat-loving and beer-guzzling activities:
- Kitten Korner: This is where we will have a play section with our young kitties. These kitties may not be as experienced as the other felines, so please play with them gently and don't scar them for life.
- Cougar Cove: This area is reserved for playing with our more experienced felines. These cats may have been scarred from previous relationships and show hints of anxiety. However, due to these facts, they are usually the most fun to play with and they love to cuddle. Sometimes, they find it hard when you have to leave them, so please be sensitive, even if you told them there was no future adoption in it for them.
- Tabby Terrace: This is where our communal tables and boots of beer will be served. We will provide Tab(by)lets to order from our ever-changing list of beers, and you can even reserve snuggle time through our app. We also will have a limited selection of hammocks for those in need of a catnap.
We will also have a special $5 happy hour that starts right meow, and includes:
- 2-for-1 cat snuggles: One persian and one pixie-bob
- Mini-boot: Drink one of our beer selections out of a cat saucer
- Pastrami on Rye from Katz's Deli
- House Red or White
- White Russians
And yes, you laugh, but Japan has already started opening cat bars. Could SF be next?