Food halls are the new black, as we've seen in the recent announcements of South Beach's The Market Hall, Market on Market in the Twitter building, and the still-unnamed food hall headed to the Castro. But a new project will likely beat all of them to the gate. Called The Hall, it's taking over the former billiards parlor at 6th and Market, and comes from entrepreneurs Ted Wilson (a wine distribution exec and vintner) and Scott Peterson (a former chef at Bocadillos, Bizou and Chow). Matt Semmelhack (AQ, TBD) is also consulting on the project, which will feature seven vendors, including a seafood restaurant, an Indian spot, coffee and pastries, and more.
Here are the seven participating vendors:
· Fine & Rare: A concept from Wilson and Peterson, this spot will offer Southern-influenced seafood dishes sourced as locally as possible, as well as a raw bar and a wine shop with bottles to go.
· The Whole Beast: A brick-and-mortar incarnation of the popular food stand and pop-up, featuring dishes created from whole animals.
· Little Green Cyclo: A food truck gone perm, with Vietnamese dishes like pho, banh mi, and spring rolls, as well as bubble tea and housemade sweets.
· Raj + Singh: Curries and other Indian fare, including vegan and vegetarian options, and naan freshly baked on-site.
· Cassia: Moroccan-Peruvian fusion in dishes like a meatball masala bowl or a coconut pork pita pocket, from the folks behind the Fuki food truck.
· Dignitá: Coffee (including cold brew), pastries, and healthy snacks.
· Anchor Brewers and Distillers: An on-site bar, featuring wine and beer from the Anchor portfolio.
All of this fare will be offered in a communal setting, with picnic tables, trees located both indoors and out, and what's described as an "indoor-meets-outdoor, rustic-industrial vibe." An outdoor grill will apparently cook many of the meats and vegetables, which all the involved vendors are attempting to source as locally as possible. The Hall says it plans to land by the end of September; we'll have an update later today with more info.
· Massive Food Emporium Headed to Mission Bay [~ ESF ~]
· A Big Food Marketplace Is En Route to the Castro [~ ESF ~]
· Twitter Building Lands Mexican Spot, Fancy Food Court [~ ESF ~]