Restaurant profits are often not-so-good, but sometimes they can be really, really, really good. Just ask The Slanted Door, which was the city's top-grossing independent restaurant of 2014 with a whopping *$16,900,000* in sales, according to Restaurant Business. Oh, and guess what? It was 2013's top-grossing restaurant, too, and even managed to make $400,000 more in 2014 than the year prior. If it stays on that track, Charles Phan's popular restaurant is set to rake in more than $17 million this year. And with an average check of just $50, that means it's doing some serious table turnover. Four other Bay Area restaurants make the list, too, which is a pretty heavy mix of New York City and Las Vegas spots. Check out the full San Francisco list below.
- The Slanted Door ($16,900,000 in sales, $50 average check size)
- Scoma's ($15,458,387 in sales, $52 average check size)
- Cliff House ($13,479,570 in sales, $43 average check size)
- Boulevard ($13,100,000 in sales, $75 average check size)
- Alioto's ($12,039,092 in sales, $45 average check size)