Leading up to next weekend's Eat Drink SF festival (formerly known as SF Chefs), Super Duper Burger is hosting a guest chef series, with a different area chef putting their spin on patties each day.
This year's lineup has some serious SF starpower, including Michael Mina (Michael Mina, RN74, Pabu) and Brandon Jew (Mister Jiu's). The entire week benefits different charities of the chefs' choice, with a portion of the day's proceeds donated to the corresponding cause; however, from 2 p.m.- 3 p.m. each day, the featured chef will personally prepare the burgers and 100 percent of proceeds in that magic hour will go to the charity. That's right, Michael Mina wants to make a special burger just for you.
Here's the full lineup of chefs, burgers and charities each day at the Kearny Street location:
- Monday, August 17: Thomas McNaughton (Flour + Water, Aatxe) Burger TBA on Monday.
- Tuesday, August 18: David Bazirgan (Dirty Habit) is making a "Durty Durty Burger" with Early Girl tomatoes, bacon, fried shallots, cheddar, butter lettuce and pasilla aioli for the San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center.
- Wednesday, August 19: James Syhabout (Hawker Fare, Commis) is making "The Happy Flip" with caper mayonnaise, alfalfa sprouts, fried shallots, tomato, red onion, two slices of jack cheese and sea salt for Creative Growth.
- Thursday, August 20: Brandon Jew (Mister Jiu’s) is making a "Do It for the Kids" with a black and white sesame bun, caramelized shiitakes, scallion fondue and watercress for the Homeless Children's Network.
- Friday, August 21: Michael Mina (Michael Mina, RN74, Pabu) is making a "Gold Rush Burger" with secret sauce and smoked gouda for Ronnie Lott All Stars Helping Kids.
The series leads up to the seventh annual main weekend affair of eating, drinking and education from some of the city's top talent at Fort Mason Festival Pavilion. Proceeds from the events will support CUESA and the Golden Gate Restaurant Association Scholarship Foundation.