Gilmore Girls fans will now get to interact with the show in real life, as Luke’s Diner is popping up across the country this Wednesday, October 5 in advance of the Netflix revival. Five coffee shops in the Bay Area are taking part, offering free coffee on Netflix, plus "all the Luke’s Diner essentials" including branded aprons and T-shirts. It’s unclear whether any Luke impersonators — or, imagine, the man himself — will be taking part.
At least one coffee shop per state are currently listed on the promotional website, which in the Bay Area includes:
- Palio Cafe (505 Montgomery St. #1, SF)
- Awaken Cafe (1429 Broadway, Oakland)
- Hive, the Place to Bee (2139 MacArthur Blvd., Oakland)
- Roy's Station Coffee & Tea (197 Jackson St., San Jose)
- Caffe Frascati (315 S. First St., San Jose).
The pop-ups run from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
This Wednesday was chosen since it’s the 16th anniversary of the series’ original pilot airdate. The Netflix revival airs on Friday, November 26.
- Luke’s Diner Pop-Ups [Official Site]
- Drink Free Coffee Like a Gilmore Girl at Hundreds of Luke’s Diner Pop-Ups Across America [E]
- 12 Food Shows to Watch This Fall [E]