Pebble Beach Food and Wine is back for another year of carefully curated decadence (see last year's hangover observations for reference). And this year, Eater SF is giving away two pairs of tickets to the notoriously upscale Grand Tasting events, which are brimming with wine, chefs and food.
There are two pairs of tickets up for grabs: one winner will receive a pair for Saturday's Grand Tasting on April 2, and second winner will receive a pair for Sunday's Grand Tasting on April 3. Want to throw your hat in the ring? Read the rules here and find us on Instagram (@eater_sf) to enter.
This year's lineup includes Bay Area chefs like Christopher Kostow (The Restaurant at Meadowood), Stuart Brioza and Nicole Krasinsky (State Bird Provisions) and Charles Phan (The Slanted Door), offering tastes of their food and talking shop. Oh, and hometown hero Guy Fieri will be there "grilling and chilling."
Here are a few of the highlights of the upcoming festival, which takes place March 31- April 3 in Monterey (check out the full lineup here):
- Chef Christopher Kostow and business partner Nathaniel Dorn will talk about their new St. Helena restaurant, The Charter Oak, and offer a taste of what they're planning.
- In advance of his soon-to-open Ghirardelli Square restaurant, Waxman's, Jonathan Waxman will be doing a cooking demo on homey Italian food, the kind you cook "with a glass of wine in hand."
- Cat Cora will trot out her Iron Chef skills for a live cooking demo.
- Guy Fieri is planning a "dockside barbecue," where he will be mingling, grilling and chilling.
- Daniel Boulud will be cooking bratwurst and taking shots with Texan chef Dean Fearing.
- The Lexus Grand Tasting Tents: for two days, these enormous tents are filled with high profile chefs and tastes of their food, as well as a smorgasbord of wines from producers all over the world. It's not for the faint of heart, but it's ground zero for gluttons (we mean that in a good way).
To Enter: follow @eater_sf on Instagram, then tag one (1) friend and include the hashtag #EaterPebbleBeachSweeps in the comments. Two winners will be randomly chosen after the giveaway has ended on March 11, 2016 and contacted via direct message.