It’s been seven months since Dirty Habit opening chef David Bazirgan wised up and moved his family to greener financial pastures in Boston, leaving a hole at the top of Dirty Habit’s kitchen. Filling that role is new executive chef Thomas Weibull, who today reveals his first new menus for the SoMa whiskey-focused eclectic restaurant.
Weibull, who is Filipino, has incorporated the Asian flavors of his background into the menu, though it’s overall pretty eclectic. Standout dishes include grilled wagyu beef tongue with miso onion puree, trumpet mushrooms, and pickled mustard seeds; Dungeness crab dumplings with smoked ham hock and black bean; challah with za’atar and honey butter; longaniza with java rice and banana catsup; and more, which you can see on the full menu below.
- Beef tongue with miso onion, trumpet mushrooms, charred onion, and pickled mustard Nader Khouri
- Smoked bohemian cocktail with Bowmore 12-year, Zucca amaro, Fort Point Manzanita beer reduction, orange bitters Nader Khouri
- Dungeness crab dumplings with smoked ham hock and black bean Nader Khouri
- Lamb tartare with pickled beets, potato, and marjoram coconut Nader Khouri
- Sweet potato gnocchi with black trumpet mushrooms and black truffle Nader Khouri
- Bonzai cocktail with Suntory Toki whiskey, orgeat, grapefruit, lemon, matsu tea Nader Khouri
Along with a new savory program, new bar manager Raul Ayala has created all-new drink menus, too. The especially alluring smoked bohemian cocktail leads the list for fun factor; it’s made with Bowmore 12-year, Zucca amaro, Fort Point Manzanita beer reduction, and orange bitters, and served with a smoking cinnamon stick alongside for smell. There’s also a tom yum sour (Spring44 gin, tamarind syrup, lime, and Aquafaba), and DH-style coffee (Plantation dark rum, Kahlua, Sicilian chestnut honey, mole bitters, and heavy cream).
The new menus are available as of today, Monday, February 13. Check them out below.