Welcome to p.m. Intel, your bite-sized roundup of Bay Area food and restaurant news. Tips are always welcome, drop them here.
- SF’s unofficial uncle, actor Danny Glover, has embraced a meat- and dairy-free lifestyle in recent years. Now he’s helping out Vegan Mob, the Oakland-based vegan restaurant with a hip-hop vibe. SFGate caught up with the star recently as he filmed a commercial for Vegan Mob, titled Lethal Vegan Pt. 2. He’s also come on as an investor as the restaurant expands, and will be a partner in the Los Angeles location slated to open next summer. It’s a nice vignette of a star who grew up in San Francisco and is dedicated to helping it thrive. [SFGate]
- DoorDash is now delivering snacks for your furry best friend, in addition to your late-night pizza orders. The food delivery app, which is headquartered in San Francisco, is teaming up with PetSmart to deliver pet supplies and other items on-demand. NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace is launching the whole shebang with his doodle pup Asher.
- Concerts are back, baby, and an eclectic mix of artists are on the newly announced schedule for Mountain Winery in Saratoga. Little Big Town, Indigo Girls, Rodrigo y Gabriela, and Gogol Bordello are just a few of the musical acts that will descend on Saratoga over the summer. Ease into live music with wine in hand; tickets go on sale Friday, June 18.
- Now that mask restrictions have lifted, it’s a whole new world out there — except, of course, that the virus still exists, and not everyone is vaccinated. How to navigate grocery shopping at your favorite stores like Trader Joe’s is going to be a little bit of a guessing game until things settle down. Here’s some of what you can expect out there in the world of groceries, and how to navigate it. [SF Chronicle]
- Travel is ALSO back on the table, and after a year of pent up wanderlust, there’s no time to waste. Eater has launched its epic travel hub with guides to everything from Oaxaca to Yellowstone, and it’s truly worth a read as you plan your summer. Check it all out here. [Eater]